Losing work due to an accident is extremely frustrating and Legally Pink Law wants to help you learn how you can recover any lost wages. Wage loss is paid out under your Personal Injury Protection insurance. This is required coverage in the state of Florida. One great benefit of owning a PIP policy is the fact that it will pay 60% of your lost wages if you are hurt. In order to obtain wages lost, your insurance company will require proof from you doctor that you are unable to work and completion of a “Wage & Salary Verification Form” by your employer before your lost wages will be paid.

There is an exception to wage loss but it usually only excludes people that are not employed for whatever reason. You will need to provide proof of income in the form of a paycheck stub, income tax return, or some other verifiable means. If you have any other questions about how to obtain lost wages after being involved in an automobile accident in Orlando, Florida then please give us a call at 407.278.4002.

Related Posts
  • Who is Liable in a Collision Involving a Drunk Driver? Read More
  • What Should You Do Following an Auto Accident? Read More
  • What Do I Do If the Person That Hits Me Does Not Have Insurance? Read More