If you happen to be involved in a car accident in Orlando, Florida then there are a few things you should do immediately following the accident.
1. Call 911 right away. This is due to the fact that if you do not have an accident report, then the insurance companies will act as if the accident never happened. One accident that Attorney Salzmann was involved in, the woman begged her not to call the police for several reasons, but if she hadn’t then she would have had to foot the bill for all of her medical bills. This is something that you do not want to happen, so no matter what make sure you call 911 to have a police report filed.
2. Get witness information such as their name, cell phone number, and their address. It’s best to make certain you have people to relay the facts in case the other driver tries to change their story.
3. Take photos following the accident with your cell phone. Make sure you capture where the accident happened, the damage to both vehicles, and any skid marks on the road. This will help you later on down the road when you are working with an attorney.
4. Seeking medical attention whether or not you are feeling pain immediately after the accident will help you in the long run as well. After an accident, you may have too much adrenaline rushing through your body to feel any pain, but chances are that it may settle in a few hours later. So make sure to get medical treatment following the accident.
5. Finally when you speak to the insurance company, do not speak about your injuries without discussing things first with your attorney. They might twist your words, which could end up hurting your case later on. By having an Orlando personal injury lawyer by your side who can speak to the insurance companies on your behalf could end up greatly helping your case in the long run.
So when you find yourself in need of a knowledgeable attorney call our Orlando car accident attorneys at Legally Pink Law, PLLC today at 407-792-2478 to schedule your free consultation.