As your Orlando auto accident attorney, Carolyn Salzmann wants you to be prepared should you find yourself involved in a Florida auto accident. There are several responsibilities highlighted by the Florida DMV we thought you should be aware of.
- Don’t leave the scene. If the accident you were involved in resulted in injuries and you leave the scene without providing information your license may be revoked.
- Report the accident. Any accident that results in injuries or property damage exceeding $500 must be reported.
- Don’t block traffic. If you can’t move the car yourself you are required to seek assistance. Blocking traffic can result in another accident.
- Ticket and traffic court. Accidents are often the result of a driver breaking a traffic law. An investigating officer will file charges against the offending driver.
- Unattended vehicle auto accidents. Should you hit another vehicle of which the driver or owner is not present, you must inform the owner. Leave a note with your information including name, address, and license plate as well as report it to authorities.
Carolynn Salzmann wants you to be prepared should you find yourself involved in an auto accident. Contact Legally Pink Law, PLLC for a consultation regarding your Orlando auto accident.