Legally Pink Law, PLLC, we take safety seriously and we’re invested in protecting your
family. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
reports that after one child died and another was nearly strangled, IKEA is recalling
these lights and providing fasteners so that the lamp’s cord remains
in place on the wall.
The children affected by the lamp cords were aged 16 months and 15 months.
Both were able to pull the lamp’s cord into the crib. One of the
children died, and the other survived after near strangulation.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends taking down the
lamps until you install the free repair kit from IKEA. Here’s IKEA’s
- Toll-free phone: (888) 966-4532 anytime
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/ and click on the Recall link at the top of the page for more information.
All cords should be kept at a distance from babies, and especially from
the crib. A safe distance is a minimum of three feet. If you or someone
you love has been injured due to a faulty product, give us a call at your
Orlando personal injury firm today!